Dopo quasi tre mesi di "silenzio", i ragazzi di BugBear hanno rilasciato un nuovo update per il folle e spericolato simulatore di guida e distruzione Next Car Game.
Tramite Steam infatti - ricordiamo che il gioco si trova in fase Early Access da circa 10 mesi per la modica cifra di 23.99€ - è stato diffuso un corposo aggiornamento dal peso di ben 2.2GB seguito un piccolo pacchetto hot-fix di appena 83MB.
Le principali novità riguardano l'aggiunta di una nuova auto di classe "Europea" insieme ad un nuovo circuito, senza dimenticare le svariate migliorie sia per quanto riguarda il motore grafico che quello prettamente fisico ma, la vera ciliegina sulla torta è proprio l'aggiunta della modalità multiplayer.
Quest'ultima ovviamente non è esente da bug come tutto il gioco in se ma permette di saggiarne le sue doti di distruzione via rete, giusto in tempo per il week-end!
Maggiori informazioni sono disponibili sul blog ufficiale degli sviluppatori, a questa pagina.
[Next Car Game # BUILD 6 - changelog]
• update del 02/10/2014
- Improved tire load calculation.
- Implemented torque feedback scaling for higher than normal friction.
- Scaled tire forces by sprung/unsprung mass ratio to correct accelerations.
- Corrected assumed load when calculating tire stiffness values.
- New differential implementation (supports open, spool, LSD & viscous differentials).
- Added spring rate, damper rate and maximum deflection for tire dynamics.
- Added toe-in for steering settings.
- Implemented SAE 950311 relaxation for tire slip angle & ratio.
- Changed 'magic' damping force to use ground contact normal.
- Fixed torque from tires to use correct roll center, wheel center and attach points.
- Added suspension lateral attach point, affects yaw from longitudinal forces.
- Implemented separate loose and solid surface modes.
- Improved body torques from wheel assembly when tire is in air.
- Fixed lateral position of suspension forces.
- Disabled optimal shift point use when using automatic transmission.
- Changed steering limits during drifting (drift lock enables more anti-steering during drift).
- Added digital steering delay and fixed digital/analog controller selection.
- Added speed sensitivity slider - controls how much steering is limited in higher speeds to prevent spinning out when using a gamepad or keyboard: 0% = none, 100% = maximum limiting.
- Added throttle and brake sensitivity sliders: 0% = cubic, 50% = linear and 100% = cubic root response (cubic increases throttle aggressive at the start of the trigger range, root at the end of the trigger range).
- Added initial mouse steering implementation: bind mouse to left/right in the settings menu.
- Implemented basic XInput gamepad rumble.
- Added Two new derby game modes: Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch.
- Split times to winner and best lap times displayed in race results.
- Last lap time display in HUD for a few seconds when starting a new lap.
- Best lap time is now displayed in HUD during races.
- Best lap times for tracks are now saved and displayed in event selection.
- Score is displayed in derby results.
- Car reset will attempt to place the car away from the busiest racing line.
- Improved AI's ability to recover when stuck.
- Fixed AI's ability to reset car when e.g. out of track.
- Fixed AI considering wrecks as potential derby targets.
- AI cars now only reset when not seen by the Player.
- Players only drive the current lap to its end after the first car has crossed the finish line.
- Implemented new cinematic track side camera.
- Implemented automatic look back camera after a short while when reversing (can be disabled and adjusted).
- Implemented user configurable FOV offset.
- Moved hood and bumper look-back cameras to the back of the car.
- Allowed more zoom in photo mode and replay lens effects.
- Tweaked car cameras.
- Added a new European car.
- Improved upgrade parts.
- New race track: Speedway, route variants: Oval and Figure 8.
- Added cinematic track-side cameras to all tracks.
- Increased velocity at which objects shatter (e.g. concrete barriers now require 80km/h (50mph) impact to get damaged).
- Decreased friction on concrete barriers to prevent them from sucking cars in.
- Improved start positions in Figure 8 track.
- Fixed holes in Derby Stadium.
- Added detail map texture for Sandpit1.
- Added an ability to access main menu and options in respawn screen, lobby etc.
- Fixed an issue in which the car selector was outside the viewport with ultra-wide resolutions.
- Fixed car selector car class display.
- Added performance index in car selector and lobby.
- Added an ability to display current standings during race.
- Added Steam avatars to multiplayer lobby.
- Fixed several bugs in input mapping screen.
- Added an ability to scroll sliders with mouse wheel.
- Implemented miscellaneous fixes and tweaks.
- Implemented online multiplayer through Steam.
- Implemented upgrades to multiplayer.
- Added client side prediction to combat lag.
- Enabled kicking for hosts.
- Searching for servers with Steam friends.
- Implemented faster search.
- Configurable max player count 2-24.
- Configurable server update frequency.
- Password protected lobbies.
- Random starting positions.
- Games are also displayed in Steam's own server browser.
- LAN networking goes also through Steam if it's not in offline mode.
- Improved chat with line wrapping.
- Ability to join a lobby when the race is in progress.
- Allow all LAN IP ranges: 10.0.0.0/8, 172.16.0.0/12, 192.168.0.0/16.
- Bandwidth optimizations.
- Reimplemented backfire and glass shatter effects.
- Particles toggle in launcher changed to particle quality slider.
- Updates to existing effects.
- Improved skid marks.
- More different engine sounds.
- Improved tire slip sounds.
• hot fix del 03/10/2014
- Players are now disconnected properly and not showing up in the next game as ghosts.
- Stability control assist now works properly in multiplayer; other assists disabled for now.
- Repeatedly clicking on servers in the server browser no longer crashes the game.
- Countdown to multiplayer lobby no longer freezes to two seconds after a race.
- The lobby status (RACE IN PROGRESS) is now shown in the server browser.
- Amount of players in a single lobby is limited to 18 pending further optimization.